Friday, April 13, 2012

Excited!!!!!!

To say I'm excited could be an understatement, yes definately an understatement. Yesterday my brand spankin' new Silhouette Cameo arrived. Woohoo! I have wanted a Silhouette for about 5 years now, so it was a big day. One of the downfalls of being a SAHM for me is the lack of income, so any big purchases haven't really been possible. This is a sacrifice I am happy to make though and it does make this so much sweeter. I saved my birthday money and instead of blowing it on necessities and on things for the girls I got the Cameo. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! While I was waiting, not so patiently for it, I downloaded the software and had a good play around and look around in the shop so when it did arrive I already had a feel for it.

So of course it arrived on a day when the girls were home (holiday/vacation) and I had a cold but I did manage to get a few things cut out. I am just so thrilled. I hope to be able to share a few things over the next week that I have made.

I did a fabulous class for the absolute newbie called "Getting to know your Silhouette"
over here at Jessica Sprague.com. It is taught by the super talented Kerri Bradford and I really enjoyed it. It starts with the super basics which I really appreciated and taught me a lot of tips and tricks. I am already eyeing up the next class she is teaching too.

So I don't have any Silhouette projects to share yet, maybe tomorrow but I will post a few layouts!
Have a sunshiney day people
Take care
Hayley

Do you think I have a thing about Kraft cardstock? Ha! I just noticed all three were on Kraft, isn't it strange how it photographs so differently, it's all Bazzill.


 Supplies: Cardstock: Bazzill, Butterflies: Grace Taylor, Border: K&Co, Lettering: AC Thickers & Carolees Creations, Doily: My Mum's cupboard, Pebble: Prima



 Supplies: Cardstock: Bazzill, Patterned Paper: Making Memories, Lettering: Making Memories, Flower & Brads: My Minds Eye. 

Supplies: Cardstock: Bazzill, Patterned Paper: My Minds Eye & Basic Grey, Lettering: My Minds Eye & Basic Grey, Brad: My Minds Eye, Envelope:Maya Road, and Bike Embellishment: Making Memories.

1 comment:

  1. congrats on your purchase and nice to "see" you! great LOs! Enjoy your new awesome machine!

    ReplyDelete